6 Important Wedding Reception Time Savers
You may be wondering how you are going to find time to fit everything in at your wedding reception. When you follow these six suggestions, it will be easy, stress-free and you’ll be able to enjoy your wedding day. The secret isn’t finding more time; it’s spending more time doing fun things: eating, drinking, laughing and dancing.
- Limit the number of staged group photos. Too many group pictures of the bridal party and families taken before, during and/or after dinner can seriously disrupt the timing of events. It’s best to have a great photography plan with your photographer in order to expedite group shots. Communicate your wishes to him BEFORE your wedding day. Like your DJ, your photographer needs your “must have” list, your “wish list” and your “do not” photography list well in advance of your wedding date.
- Limit your receiving line. If you must have a receiving line, include only the bride & groom and their parents as greeters. It isn’t necessary for guests to greet your bridesmaids and groomsmen; it will slow the line and annoy your guests.
- Keep moving when greeting guests table to table. This is a fantastic option to greet your guests without having to have a receiving line. Be sure not to linger too long at each table, though. Offer only brief exchanges and thank you’s, and keep moving around the room.
- Get your bridal party on the “same page,” (parents, too). Prior to your wedding day, give members of the bridal party and your parents a timetable of reception events that clearly explains where they need to be and when. This will save you tons of aggravation with AWOL friends and relatives – and they will appreciate knowing ahead of time what is expected of them.
- For short receptions, consider a buffet. Buffets are always faster than plated meals. A double sided buffet with two service lines represents the fastest food option for weddings.
- Eliminate the dollar dance. If 100 of your guests decide to pay the bride a dollar to dance with her, and she spends only 15 seconds with each of them, she will need 25 minutes to dance with all of them, not including the time required to change dance partners! Give her and everyone else a break; forget the dollar dance.
Want a perfectly executed and fun wedding reception? Mike Staff Productions’ award-winning DJs will make it happen. Contact Mike Staff Productions today.
Bundle & Save up to $600! Save money on your wedding when you bundle 2 or more services from Mike Staff Productions.