7 Habits of Highly Effective Weddings
At Mike Staff Productions we witness a lot of couples transform their wedding “dreams” into reality on their wedding day. They usually share the following characteristics:
- They are realistic about time. The number one cause for a delay on your wedding day is the amount of time it takes for hair and makeup. That early delay can kill your timeline for the rest of the day. Another time factor is the travel time between locations. Allow enough time in your plans so that a little hiccup won’t cause you stress.
- They Ask The Right Questions. You will be entrusting your big day to the vendors you work with. Be sure to interview your vendors thoroughly and don’t assume anything. Set expectations clearly up-front and you will be happier in the long run.
- They Always Hire Professionals. While it may be tempting to hire budget services, it rarely pays to go cheap. Professional wedding service companies understand wedding protocol and have the experience needed to seamlessly handle unforeseen conditions. Remember, this is the biggest day of your life so far, trust professionals to handle the details.
- They Don’t Work Their Own Wedding. Once you’ve made the decisions, and everyone has the plan, let the day unfold. If you spend the day worrying about every little detail, you’ll forget to enjoy it. Your family and friends are there to spend time with you, not watch you work a checklist. Allow the photographer to direct your photos, the DJ to lead the announcements and play your music and the videographer to capture the memories – you go out there and make them!
- They Have Clear Conversations With Family. Have honest, open conversations with family that may be helping you with the cost. Are they giving you a gift or do they have expectations on how their money will be spent? As you develop your budget, you’ll want to know how much influence your family expects and how much you’re comfortable with.
- They Are Frugal Without Being Cheap. It’s easy to design your dream wedding when the sky is the limit. Now, how easy is it to do it on a budget? You may even want to set aside a contingency budget for last minute surprises. It is important to take a look at the wedding you want, set a budget and stick to it. And in the end, you’ll be happy that you did.
- And Most Importantly…They Enjoy the Day! This will be a day you remember forever. You’re marrying the love of your life and celebrating with your closest friends and family. You’ve invited your guests to share in your day. Your family & friends are there to celebrate your love and enjoy this day with you. Be sure to be a part of it!
Want some expert help with planning your wedding? Mike Staff Productions can help you with award-winning DJs, Photography & HD Videography. Contact Mike Staff Productions today.
Bundle & Save up to $600! Save money on your wedding when you bundle 2 or more services from Mike Staff Productions.