Wedding planning is full of questions that must be answered; cake or cupcakes, limo or bus, candles or flowers, the list is endless. Before you get too far answering those questions, relationship experts recommend tackling some big questions about how your marriage will work after the wedding. Here are some to start with:
On Friends & Family
- Do we want children? When? How many?
- How will we handle disagreements between a spouse and in-law?
- Whose family will we spend holidays with? Which ones?
- Will we continue Guys/Girls Night Out after we are married? Does that worry you?
- How much time will we spend with other couples?
- What faith will the children be raised in?
- What traditions are important to add to our family?
- Will we combine income and expenses or set up a household account?
- Is it okay to accept or borrow money from our parents?
- What is your credit history? Liabilities? Assets?
- Whose bank will we use?
- Will we combine credit cards or continue to have our own accounts?
- Are you willing to relocate to support each other’s careers or educational goals?
- Are you a saver or spender?
- Who will keep track of household bills and payments?
- How will we decide on large purchases? Small ones?
- Where will we live: City? Apartment or home?
- How will we divide household chores?
- Will we have pets? How many? What type?
- Is it ever okay to remove your wedding ring? If so, when?
- Whose insurance will we use?
- What church will we attend?
- What in the future are you most excited about? Worried about?
- Where do you like to vacation?
- How do we handle political differences?
- What habits annoy you?
- How do you define a happy marriage?
- How do you communicate and receive love?
Email us or call (248) 689-0777.