Time for a playlist update! Our Mike Staff Production DJs wanted to re-visit this topic because they have been getting a lot of questions when it comes to finding the perfect mother-son wedding dance song. It can be tricky. It’s one of the few moments when all eyes are on the groom — you don’t want awkward song lyrics but you want those lyrics to tell your story.
We turned to Spotify to build a better selection of songs for you to choose from. You’re going to find classics from The Beatles, to new hits from Adele. Something you can always count on, our wedding DJs are always on top of the music trends but know the standards that pull at the heartstrings.
Let’s start with what mom likes: is she a country gal? Prefer the classics? Or does she appreciate good ‘ol fashioned rock n’ roll? Crank up the playlist — you’ll know the right song when you hear it!
WATCH BELOW: Mike Staff DJ’s talk about their favorite mother, son dance song to play.
- Simple Man – Shinedown
- Forever Young – Rod Stewart
- In My Life – The Beatles
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
- Don’t Blink – Kenny Chesney
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- Beautiful Boy – John Lennon
- Sweetest Devotion – Adele
- Your Song – Elton John
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- I’ll Stand By You – The Pretenders
- How Sweet It Is [To Be Loved by You] – James Taylor
- Days Like This – Van Morrison
- Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw
- The Wonder of You – Elvis Presley
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Mama’s Song – Carrie Underwood
- Speak to a Girl – Tim McGraw, Faith Hill
- You Will Be In My Heart – Phil Collins
- I Will – The Beatles
- 93 Million Miles – Jason Mraz
- Love is Verb – John Mayer
- H.O.L.Y. – Florida Georgia Line
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- God, Your Mama, And Me – Florida Georgia Line