One of the most common questions our wedding DJs get from the couples they work with: ‘what should our grand entrance song be?’
That’s because it’s BIG decision.
No pressure, but your ‘Grand Entrance’ on your wedding day is kind of a big deal. Some consider it one of the most paramount moments of a reception because it’s the official kick off to your PARTY and you want to make sure it kicks off on the right note… literally.
That’s where Mike Staff Productions comes in. Our certified DJs are professionals in the truest form (read for yourself)! They know a thing or two about what songs work and what songs are grand entrance DUDS!
PRO TIP: You should totally follow us on Spotify — our DJs produce playlists every week!
Keep in mind, technically there are two grand entrances — you and your spouse AND your bridal party — the songs below will work for either moment. So, where do you start? Let’s break down how to choose and then tracks you can choose from!
Grand Entrance Advice: Bridal Party
During your bridal party introduction song, why not choose a song that reminds them of some good times you’ve shared?
You could even ask your bridal party a few questions to help narrow some songs down:
- Who are some of their favorite artists?
- What hobbies do they enjoy? (You probably know the answer to that one!)
- Do they want to use props? (Can’t go wrong with shades!)
- County? Hip Hop? Metal fans?
PRO TIP: It’s recommended to have ONE song for the entire bridal party to come out to then a different song for each couple. Why? A couple coming out to their own song does not leave a lot of time for the song to develop and get the crowd into it, plus it just takes longer.
Grand Entrance Advice: Couple
Anything goes, but not everything works.
If the song holds great meaning for you, it’s appropriate. That’s a good place to start. What fun, upbeat songs means something to you and your fiance? Pick something personal! Choose a song that has an ‘anthem’ feel for your wedding, something that gives off the energy you want while setting a great vibe!
The Only 3 Playlists You’ll Need
When it comes to music our DJs are experts in all styles and genres. You can even work one on one with one of our wedding DJs to help create the exact reception playlist you’re looking for. Just set up an appointment or call us!
Worry no longer! Our wedding DJS have turned to our Spotify account to create the only three playlists you’ll need to help make your grand entrance song decision. Scroll through our playlists and see what speaks to you!
Grand Entrance Songs – Today’s Hits
- Good to Be Alive (Hallelujah) – Andy Grammer
- …Ready For It? – Taylor Swift
- Raise Your Glass – P!nk
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake
- Dear Future Husband – Meghan Trainer
- Shut Up and Dance – WALK THE MOON
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- HandClap – Fitz and The Tantrums
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars
- Everything is AWESOME!!! – Tegan and Sara, The Lonely Island
- A Guy With a Girl – Blake Shelton
- You Can’t Stop Me (ft. Thomas Rett) – Brett Eldredge
Grand Entrance Songs – Hip Hop Hits
- Turn Down for What – DJ Snake, Lil Jon
- All I do is Win (ft. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg) – DJ Khaled
- My House – Flo Rida
- Don’t Stop the Party – Pitbull, TJR
- Bring Em Out – T.I.
- Let It Rock – Kevin Rudolf, Lil Wayne
- Let’s Get Married – Jagged Edge
- Moment 4 Life – Nicki Minaj, Drake
- OMG – Usher, will.i.am
- Harlem Shake – Baauer
Grand Entrance Songs – The Classics
- Welcome to the Jungle – Guns N’ Roses
- The Final Countdown – Europe
- Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble – PJ & Duncan
- The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
- It Takes Two – Rob Base & DJ EZ Base
- The Show – Doug E. Fresh
- Let Me Clear My Throat – DJ Kool
- Fight For Your Right – Beastie Boys
- Jump Around – House of Pain
- I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
- You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oats
Work 1 on 1 with your own Wedding DJ
Mike Staff Productions has offices in metro Detroit and Chicago that allows you to get to know our awesome Wedding DJs by watching their video profiles until you find your perfect fit. That’s right, YOU choose!
How it Works:
- Visit our office, grab a coffee and lounge on our comfy couches (that’s easy!)
- Watch video profiles of our award winning wedding DJs in action
- Get familiar with their personality and style
- See how our DJs handle announcements, introductions, toasts and the first dance before you book.
- You’re not alone! We’re here to help answer all of your questions
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all wedding DJ – we get that, that’s why we invite you to be a part of the process. We hope to see you soon!