As we celebrate National Take Your Pet to Work Day (yep, that’s a thing!) Is there anything cuter than dog in a tuxedo? We think not!
One of the sweetest things about weddings today is having man’s (and woman’s) best friend be a part of the wedding day in some way, shape or form. Whether it’s a photo-op, walking down the aisle or including your furry friend in engagement photos – Mike Staff Productions photographers have massive amounts of experience working with pets….
But before you have your pooch (or cat or horse, yes, we’ve seen that, too) be a part of your day, go over the best options! Bottom line: weddings can be stressful and overwhelming for a pet that does not adapt well to new environments or is uncomfortable around strangers. Since you know your pet best, here are few things to consider.
1. Can your pet handle the action? Sociable pets, especially dogs that are outgoing and friendly, often cope better with the extra attention and the activity of the day. If your pet is shy and uncomfortable around people, it may be best not include he or she in your day.
2. Check first to make sure that the venues you choose for your wedding allow animals. Many have a strict no pet policy.
3. What role would your pet play at your wedding? Whether she is the ring bearer or the hound of honor, start preparing early for the tasks your pet is going to do during the ceremony.
6. Ask someone to your pets handler during the ceremony. Assign someone you trust to be with your pet at all times throughout the ceremony. This will relieve any pressure you might feel to make sure that your pet behaves and is safe.
7. Rehearse as much as you can with your pet before the big day and during your actual rehearsal. So your pet and their handler knows exactly what to do and when to do it.
8. Pamper your pet! Book an appointment at the groomers so your pet looks and smells good on the big day.
10. Pet Photo Op! Get some ideas for some great pet photos below!
To learn more about Mike Staff Productions, our beautiful photography, videography and rockin’ wedding DJs: