Ultimate Wedding Budget Checklist
30 Money Saving Ways To Stick To Your Wedding Budget.
- Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces.
- Think off-peak season and save thousands!
- Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot — it will cut travel time for vendors you pay by the hour.
- Skip the Saturday wedding.
- Have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
- Shop the off-season for extra decor. Get modern black vases on sale after Halloween and pretty pink ones after Valentine’s Day.
Food & Drink
- Serve entree duets.
- Skip hand pass appetizers
- Offer beer, wine, and a signature cocktail instead of a full bar.
- Serve comfort foods like barbecue chicken, mac and cheese, and corn. It’s fun and often cheaper.
- Skip the champagne toast.
Stationary & Favors
- Get single-page invites to save on postage.
- Give out one favor per couple.
- Make your cake the favors.
- Have favors double as escort cards.
- Email your save-the-dates.
- Make your own menu cards, escort cards, and wedding favor packaging.
- Use more greenery than flowers.
- Swap out costly flowers. Did you know peonies can be five times more expensive than roses?
- Stick to just one or two kinds of flowers.
- Buy flowers that are in season.
- Include non-florals, like lanterns.
- Order a small one or two-tiered cake. Supplement cake with a larger sheet cake (hidden back in the kitchen).
- Keep the add-ons simple.
- Use fresh flowers, not sugar ones.
- Reuse ceremony flowers for the cake table.
- Skip exotic fillings like guava and mango.
Photography + DJ + Videography + over $1,500 in extras = $5,285
Imagine booking your photographer, videographer, and DJ with one phone call.
When you bundle services with Mike Staff Productions, our team coordinates with one another, so you don't have to.
With The Perfect Package, you'll enjoy substantial discounts and bonuses. Can you imagine coming in under budget?