8 Reasons to Get a Professional Wedding Video
Will You Regret *Not* Getting a Wedding Video?
Your wedding video is a living memory of your day (which will go by in a blur). You can’t trust just anyone to capture these memories, which will eventually turn into a family heirloom.
You also may think that having both wedding photos and a wedding video are overkill but trust us—you’ll want a wedding video. In fact, The Huffington Post cites that 98% of brides regret not having one after their wedding.
If you have wiggle room in your budget (or if you could live without the late-night snack), a wedding video is a must.
WATCH: Ashley & Adam
1. Re-live your perfect day again… and again…and again…
Your wedding day will go by in a flash – but having a wedding videographer capture your celebration from before your ceremony to your reception will remind you of your best day ever for many years to come.
- Will you remember the look on your fiance’s face when he first saw you at the end of the aisle?
- Will you recall how his voice cracked with emotion as he said his vows?
- Can you possibly remember every word of your maid of honor and best man’s toasts?
When your wedding is over, we’re pretty sure that you’ll wish that you could re-live that day over and over again. With a wedding video, all those incredible emotions and memories will come flooding back.
WATCH: Mollie & Sean
3. It’s a living family record.
Suppose you could choose between looking at professional photos of your grandparents wedding day or a professionally produced video of that same day, in full color, with stereo sound.
Bring it out on anniversaries and make watching your wedding video a special family moment. In future years, you will be able to look back at those no longer with you, sharing the memories with your children and grandchildren.
- Which would you choose to view and keep as a family heirloom?
- Would you rather simply look at pictures or see AND hear your grandparent’s voices and laughter?
- If you have children or plan on starting a family, having a recorded memory of your wedding day will be something for them to treasure and watch back in years to come.
- How could they not love watching Mommy and Daddy’s love story over and over again?
4. You’ll Never Regret Hiring a Professional Wedding Videographer
We relentlessly qualify every videographer and we put an equally talented professional on backup for your wedding—just in case. Let us sweat the details so you can relax and enjoy your once-in-a-lifetime day.
Trust those who’ve “been there, done it”. Even the very best photographer can’t capture the sound of your laugh or your wedding vows.
Professional photographs of your wedding day are important and should be included in your budget. However, don’t forget the advantages that video has over a one-dimensional photograph.
- Capturing the emotions of the day
- Recording the history of the day
- Creating a visual memory that future generations will enjoy more.
WATCH: Jennifer & David
5. A Wedding Video is Really Not That Expensive
We understand most couples don’t have a sky’s-the-limit budget. And we don’t think that should get in the way of your perfect day.
Rather than focusing on price, think about the value a vendor will bring to your wedding day. Here’s what “value” looks like at Mike Staff Productions:
- Each member of our carefully curated team passes a 118-point certification process, so you can spend your time taste-testing cakes instead of calling references or worrying if you made the right choice.
- Our back-ups are paid to be on call, so you never have to worry about the ultimate disaster—a no-show.
- And couples tell us all the time how nice our people are—the sort of people you’d invite to your wedding. You’ll love working with them!
Keep your budget on track and organized by downloading our FREE Wedding Budget Workbook!
WATCH: Colleen & Ben
6. Capturing Real Emotion
There are numerous parts of a wedding day when emotions can run high. Having these emotions captured on film will be forever sentimental to look back on.
There are those small moments you’ll miss that your videographer will capture beautifully:
- Seeing your grandmother’s emotional reaction as you say your vows.
- From the father of the bride seeing his daughter all dressed up
- Walking down the aisle.
- Think sounds that can’t be captured in a photo, like your “I dos,” the reception music and meaningful toasts.
Wedding Videography Highlight Reel
7. Professional quality, from start to finish.
Hiring a professional ensures that your wedding film will be just that – a film. Your memories of your day should be preserved. A well filmed and edited professional wedding video will be a tangible piece of memorabilia that will help you enjoy all of the details of your wedding day over and over again.
The end result of your professional wedding videography experience:
- Multiple cameras, operated by experienced professionals, will allow you multiple perspectives of your wedding.
- You will receive a video that has been professionally edited using your preferences to receive an individualized video that truly reflects you.
- Your wedding video will be full of stirring, emotional sounds and images of your special day.
WATCH: Real Couples Share Their Experience
8. What would you tell couples who are not sure about video?
After years of experience and hearing from hundreds of couples, we know that wedding videography is one investment couples never regret making.
Still on the fence? Listen to these real Mike Staff Productions couples & why they recommend hiring a wedding videographer to document your day.