Choosing Wedding Reception Music
7 tips for choosing your wedding reception music
Love Your Wedding Reception Music
The music you play at your wedding is extremely important, as it’s a reflection of the two of you as a couple, as well as the type of wedding reception you will have. The music played at your wedding reception is the soundtrack to the biggest party of your lives.
7 Tips For Building Your Wedding Reception Playlist
1. Hiring an experienced wedding DJ gives you leverage as to what is played, but you’re still going to need to make lists, and talk with your fiance before completing final plans with the disc jockey.
2. As a couple, decide what you must hear, would like to hear and absolutely do not want played. Your DJ can guide you through the decisions and advise on the latest reception wedding music trends.
3. While it may be tempting to create a playlist for the entire reception, it is best to provide the DJ with a framework and allow his expertise to keep your party moving.
4. Incorporate music into your wedding reception that you know your family and guests will enjoy. Many couples ask the DJ to play their parents wedding song during the evening so they can share a special dance.
5. Be specific when you are requesting a particular song to be played; include the name of the artist.
6. As you select your wedding reception music, it’s also important to think about what songs may alienate your guests. A skilled DJ can work in music from the past several decades and turn your wedding reception into a real dance party.
7. If you would like a specific religious or traditional ethnic songs played at your reception, you will want to have a detailed conversation with your DJ regarding this music. For example, many Jewish couples choose to have the Hora song played at the grand entrance. Polish families often enjoy a polka during the wedding reception. Discuss your unique requests with the DJ to have the wedding reception you’ve always dreamed of.
Why Mike Staff Productions?
We’ve created a crazy-effective team approach to save you time, money and stress.
When you hire our team, you get:
We understand most couples don’t have a sky’s-the-limit budget. And we don’t think that should get in the way of your perfect day.
Have the wedding you want,without blowing your budget.
A Packed Dance Floor
Your wedding day should feel like you—so we’ll help you choose a DJ who can bring your vision to life.
Feel comfortable with a DJ who perfectly matches your style and personality.
Peace of Mind
We relentlessly qualify every DJ, and we put an equally talented professional on backup for your wedding—just in case.
Let us sweat the details so you can relax and enjoy your once-in-a-lifetime day.