Wedding Album Ideas
Once your photographer captures the memories of your wedding day, it’s time to create a wedding album you’ll love to show off all of those amazing photos—and make a family heirloom in the process.
There’s just something special about turning each page of your album, full of your stunning wedding photography. Your eyes are able to soak up every detail you worked endlessly to plan, while your heart re-lives every powerful emotion — all through imagery. Our experts put together wedding album ideas for every style and budget.
WATCH: Wedding Album Examples
Choose Your Favorite Images
Once your special day comes to an end, your photos keep the memories alive for decades to come. But when you have thousands of images to choose from, how do you start the design process? If you’re looking for wedding album ideas, you came to the right place. Looking at a wedding album is a different experience, it’s a texture, there’s a kinetic response, the big thing is, you’re creating a conversation piece to talk over rather than looking at a gallery of thumbnails which means you want to include images from every part of your wedding day, to help tell the story.
Here’s a quick list of some of the must-have photos to include:
- You and your bridal party: Maybe you and your bridesmaids wore matching robes while getting ready & sipping mimosas or groomsmen gathered for a toast with their favorite beers. Most weddings will include fun, pre-ceremony moments like this with your closest friends.
- Family pre-ceremony moments: Your mother helping you into your dress or putting on your bracelet. Your siblings hugging you. These types of candid, family photos are the kind of special moments to include.
- The first look: Whether this moment happened before the ceremony, or as one of you walked down the aisle, you’ll want to be sure to document the priceless reaction of the first time you and your fiance’ laid eyes on each other.
- The first kiss: A no-brainer, but you must include! This is your first official moment as a married couple, so be sure you choose your favorite snap of this occasion.
- Parent-child dances: If you or your partner were lucky enough to take a turn around the dance floor with a parent, don’t forget to document this moment in your wedding album.
- Dance, dance, dance shots: You and your college friends in a circle singing your favorite song; your aunt and uncle getting down to a line dance or maybe your flower girl stealing the show on the dance floor. In addition to the sweet and romantic wedding memories, you’ll want to remember all the fun you had as well, so don’t forget these great action shots.
- A great send-off: Bubbles, rice, confetti or sparklers, the send-off moment is brilliant and full of love, so be sure you choose your favorite from the end of the day to cap off a great album.
How to Layout Your Images
- Less is more. Clean, simple designs is another new trend. The days of collages, mosaics and scrapbook style albums are over.
- People are telling their story through fewer, bigger images. It used to be, back in the day when you didn’t receive digital copies of your images, that couples would cram as many as they could in their album. Now, everyone is getting the rights to all of their images, posting some on social media accounts themselves and wanting to turn their album into more of an art piece or coffee table book.
- Negative space, large images, open white space is becoming popular, while accents and filters on images are dying off.
- Don’t feel like you have to have a million images together on one page, let a few images talk louder than having a big collage that appears noisy.
WATCH: Why should you get a wedding album?
At Mike Staff Productions, we’ve built our whole business around reclaiming the fun in your wedding planning. Ready to start?
The Mike Staff Productions Guarantee
At Mike Staff Productions, we trust that you’ll choose the perfect person to work with because you know what you want on your wedding day! There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all wedding DJ, photographer or videographer – we get that, that’s why we invite you to be a part of the planning process.
Let’s bring your wedding vision to life!