Songs All Wedding Guests Will Love At Your Reception
When planning your wedding reception playlist, there are a few things to keep in mind….
- Include songs that tell your love story / display personalities
- Mix it up: have a good ratio of upbeat and slow songs when guests need a break
- Add VARIETY!
Let’s elaborate on the third point, shall we?Be sure to try and include different genres (country, pop, hip-hop, etc.) along with different styles of music – AKA – top hits mixed in with the oldies but goodies. You can’t play Ariana Grande and Calvin Harris all night, why? Because what will Aunt Joan or Grandma Jo dance to? You want all of your guests up and out of their seats at your wedding so make sure you play songs all wedding guests will love! You need a DJ that will keep the dance floor packed throughout your reception.Keep in mind not all of these ‘oldies’ need to be played during dancing hours but sprinkle them during cocktail hour and dinner, too!An appreciation for these older classics can add a nice touch to any wedding, for young and old alike. With these classic retro songs, the older guests can reminisce back on the ‘good ‘ol days’, while your friends may recognize a how an older song like “Something’s Got a Hold on Me” by Etta James was revived by Avicii! Don’t know what classic songs to pick? No worries! Our Mike Staff Productions DJs took to Spotify and created a playlist for you! Trust me, most of these songs has us dancing around the office!
Spotify Playlist: Oldies but Goodies: Songs All Wedding Guests Will Love
- Something’s Got a Hold On Me by Etta James
- Runaround Sue by Dion
- To Be Loved by Jackie Wilson
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
- I Cant Help Myself by The Four Tops
- The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennett
- It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones
- I’m a Believer by The Monkees
- Happy Together by The Turtles
- Devil With a Blue Dress by Mitch Ryder
- Good Golly Miss Molly by Little Richard
- Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis
- I Saw Her Standing There by The Beatles
- Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley
- Louie Louie by The Kingsman
- Sugar, Sugar by The Archies
- That’ll Be The Day by The Crickets
- Twist and Shout by The Beatles
- The Wanderer by Dion
- Born to Hand Jive by Sha Na Na
- You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ by The Righteous Brothers
- Tequila by The Champs
- Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
- La Bamba by Ritchie Valens
CHOOSE YOUR OWN DJ WITH MIKE STAFF PRODUCTIONS
Forget meeting at a coffee house. Mike Staff Productions has offices in metro Detroit that allows you to get to know our awesome Wedding DJs by watching their video profiles until you find your perfect fit. That’s right, YOU choose! (Now that’s professional!)
How it Works:
- Visit our office, grab a coffee and lounge on our comfy couches (that’s easy!)
- Watch video profiles of our award winning wedding DJs in action
- Get familiar with their personality and style
- See how our DJs handle announcements, introductions, toasts and the first dance before you book. (How cool is that?)
- You’re not alone! We’re here to help answer all of your questions
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all wedding DJ – we get that, that’s why we invite you to be a part of the process. We hope to see you soon!
At Mike Staff Productions, we’ve built our whole business around reclaiming the fun in your wedding planning. Ready to start?