Mike Staff Productions DJs Share Their Favorite Love Songs for Valentine’s Day
We’re spreading the love this week as we get ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day! Maybe you’re celebrating February 14th with a romantic dinner date, throwing a GALentine’s Day party with your BFFs, or pampering yourself — the truth is — you’re going to need a soundtrack for your plans. Our expert wedding DJs put together a Spotify Playlist featuring some of the most romantic tracks of all time, featuring today’s hits and the classics, of course.
Spotify Playlist: Our Favorite Valentine’s Day Love Songs
9 Ways To Celebrate Valentine’s Day Engaged Or Newlyweds
If you think about it, you’ll like only spend one two Valentine’s Days as an engaged couple. So, why not take advantage of celebrating the most romantic day of the year when it feels extra romantic? We came up with some fun, simple, non-traditional and budget friendly ways to spend your day.
Our biggest piece of advice: take the day off from wedding planning!
Date Night at Home
- Game Night. Nothing says love like good ‘ol fashioned competition! Buy your love a new board game, it will last longer than flowers and chocolates. Pour your favorite drink, light some candles… GAME ON!
- Lay low. Finally watch that movie the two of you missed in theaters and get your favorite take out. Not having to do dishes leaves more time for cuddling. Need some help setting the mood? Our Mike Staff Productions Wedding DJs have your covered with this Valentine’s Day Spotify Playlist.
- Make it Sweet. Try making your favorite desserts from scratch. Plus, what is better than seeing your man in an apron and getting to lick the batter?
- Hire a Professional Chef. You can still have a luxurious night and not leave the comfort of your own home by bringing the professionals to you! Look into local companies or restaurants that can cook a culinary masterpiece in your own kitchen.
- Couples Massage. Sure, this many seem cliche but if you’re recently engaged or newly married – let’s fact it – wedding planning can be stressful and setting some time to relax is never a bad thing. Spas often capitalize on Valentine’s Day with specials for couples (and extended hours), so take advantage of the reduced prices.
- Book a Hotel Room. Hello? Room Service. Enough said! Book a romantic hotel for some ultimate couple time. I can see it now; fluffy white robes, rose petals and chilled champagne!
Hit the Town
- Wine. Beer. Bourbon Tasting. Choose your favorite, call an Uber and start sipping! There are so many incredible craft cocktail bars and local wineries throughout metro Detroit, you’ll have a stocked bar by the end of the night after you everything you sample.
- Enjoy Hockey Town. There just so happens to be a Detroit Red Wings game at Little Cesars Arena this February 14th. Snag some tickets, throw on your Wings gear (that just happens to be RED) and head downtown. I think your man will enjoy that date!
- See Your Favorite Band Live. Experience live music with one of your favorite people next to you. Head to StubHub for the latest events in your area, grab those last minute tickets and get ready to fist pump to your favorite music.
4 Ways to Sneak Valentine’s Day Details into Your Wedding Decorations
There are two benefits to having a winter wedding on or near Valentine’s Day…
- It will help you save money since you’re not saying ‘I Do’ during peak wedding season (June – October).
- Allows you to sprinkle in some Valentine’s Day flare into your wedding decorations.
Now, we’re not saying you should hire Cupid to help set up your tables but a sweet nod to the most romantic holiday of the year is something worth taking advantage of. For example, why stick with plain bubbly, when you can pour pink champagne! Toss some rose petals on your guests tables and you’ll be loving this theme when you look back at your professional wedding photos. Here are 4 others ways to infuse Valentine’s Day touches into your wedding.
Your Wedding Cake
From a ‘love’ cake topper to colored frosting, your wedding cake is a great place to add those subtle Valentine’s Day details into your wedding decorations without going overboard. You want your cake to have a romantic vibe anyway, right?
Uplighting sets the mood for the reception and helps create an instant “wow” factor for your guests. With the infinite color palette of LED up lights, wedding uplighting can easily transform the look of any room from ordinary to extraordinary and is one of the most economical ways to impress your guests at your wedding reception. All of our uplighting designs and setup is done by certified Mike Staff Productions lighting professionals – not amateurs – so you know the end result will truly amaze.
Your Wedding Flowers
This is an easy way to incorporate the colors of the holiday without going crazy. Roses on Valentine’s Day are a given. But your flowers don’t have to only be the traditional red either, throw in some pink and white to help break it up. For a rich contrast, mix deep red calla lilies, dahlias, ranunculus or anemones into the bouquets and centerpieces.
The Wedding Favors
Send your guests home with something sweet! Heart shaped everything works here. Fill a heart shaped box with chocolate truffles or chocolate-covered espresso beans. Heart shaped cookies wrapped in cellophane. Heart shaped candles. You get the picture! If you’re having a candy bar (great idea) have it be pink and white and allow guests to fill up their own candy bags to take home! Talk about SWEET!
At Mike Staff Productions, we’ve built our whole business around reclaiming the fun in your wedding planning. Ready to start?