When it comes to setting a wedding budget, where do you begin?
It’s such an overwhelming task to try and determine how much you spend when you’ve never planned a wedding before! Your wedding will likely be the biggest party you’ve ever hosted — and the priciest. So, to avoid (what will feel like) handing wads of cash over to wedding vendors for the next 12 months – we’re trying to make this as easy as possible and we feel if you follow these 3 simple steps – you’ll be keeping money in your pocket!
Whether your budget is $10,000 or $100,000, have a set number in mind and make sure that budget includes what is important to you.
- Talk with your families about who will pay for what, if they plan on contributing.
- For many couples, talking to each family separately is the best way to have truly open discussions
- Decide how much you two, as a couple, can contribute between now and the wedding
- Create and maintain a detailed spreadsheet throughout the planning process and share with those contributing so everyone is always on the same page.
Don’t Dip: If you are financing part or all, put your wedding money in a separate bank account. This will help with overspending and dipping into your savings. If you are using credit cards, choose a card that gives rewards or cash back.
2. Prioritize the Percentages
For example, if photography is more important to you than flowers make sure a larger percentage of your budget goes to what you want out of your special day.
3. Find Ways to Save
Get strict with the guest list: It’s not always easy but fewer dinner entrees mean keeping more money in your pocket. Whether it’s a smaller bridal party or not having that table full of 4th cousins — getting strict with the guest list will help keep costs down.
Bundle services. It can be a huge saving to bundle multiple services with a single company. Simplify where you can! Select centerpieces, flowers and ceremony decorations with one florist. Invitations, wedding programs, and personalized stationery with one printer. Get your DJ, photography and videography team at one place (hint, hint)! A win for everyone.
WHY BUNDLE WITH MIKE STAFF PRODUCTIONS?
- Get the “Team Approach”– One team, one coordinated vision, training and certification
- Save Time – One phone call, one meeting, three services checked off the list!
- Save Money
- Bundle any two services and save $200.
- Bundle three services together and save $500!
- Peace of Mind – Trusted by thousands and thousands of brides.
In season means in budget. Choosing flowers that are in season can result in major savings and chances are you can still achieve the beautiful look you are hoping. Ask your florist for recommendations using less costly blooms for your time of year. If you want something out of season, ask to use them as accent flowers rather than the primary. The key is choosing wisely!
One and done venue. There are multiple benefits of combining your ceremony and reception location. In addition to the convenience, you can reduce the cost of multiple venues, transportation and decor. Again, simplifying equals savings.
Make it twinkle. Candles create a sense of romance, they help set the mood. Whether you use exquisite candelabras for an elegant feeling or simple hurricanes for a rustic reception, candles can be a beautiful and inexpensive way to make a statement.
Personalize the venue. Load the wedding reception up with photos from your engagement session, mementos from your relationship and wedding pictures of your parents and members of bridal party! It’s personalized reception decor that tells your story and saves money!