Your wedding day is all about you.
Obviously you want the entire day to go perfectly, especially your first dance. This is a moment that you will want to remember forever. For your first dance song, you will probably want to choose something romantic, meaningful, and easy to dance to. With that criteria, there are so many songs to choose from!
Some couples have “their song” in mind months before they even start planning the wedding. While others may still be wondering what will be that perfect first dance song.
Spotify Playlist: First Dance Songs
Thankfully, our Mike Staff Productions DJs have put together a playlist with some of their top first dance song choices. They have included the classics and some more modern hits. This playlist will get you thinking, or even help you pick your song! FYI – over 4,000 people are following this playlist on Spotify!
- Love – Lana Del Rey
- Helium – Sia
- How Would You Feel (Paean) – Ed Sheeran
- Perfect Duet – Ed Sheeran & Beyonce
- God Only Knows – John Legend
- Prisoner – Ryan Adams
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- What Would It Take – Anderson East
- How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
- Mona June – Slightly Stoopid, Angela
- New Year’s Day – Taylor Swift
- Never Be The Same – Camila Cabello
- Look At You – Seth Ennix
- Eyes On You – Chase Rice
- Meant To Be – Bebe Rexha, Florida Georgia Line
- Legends – Kelsea Ballerini
- Greatest Love Story – LANCO
- Yours – Russell Dickerson
- River – Leon Bridges
- I’ll Name The Dogs – Blake Shelton
- Best Part – Daniel Caesar, H.E.R.
- My Forever – Tamar Braxton
- Speechless – Dan + Shay
- Made For You – Jake Owen
- Blessed – Thomas Rhett
- I Don’t Dance – Lee Brice
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- You and Me – Lifehouse
Spotify Playlist: First Dance Songs That Sounds Romantic But Aren’t!
Our wedding DJs have also made a playlist of songs that you may not want to choose. Sure, some of these may be catchy as you sing along to the radio… but, when you listen closer, you will notice why these may not be the best choices for your first dance.
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- Lips Of An Angel – Hinder
- Always – Bon Jovi
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Got To Get You Into My Life – The Beatles
- Just The Two Of Us – Will Smith
Ready to hire your own Wedding DJ?
There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all wedding DJ, and we get that. What you want on your wedding day is important to us, that’s why we invite you to be a part of the process. Come to our office and get to know different Wedding DJs by watching video profiles until you find the perfect fit!