Pros and Cons of a Thanksgiving Wedding
Food, football, and family make up the majority of Thanksgiving celebrations. But what about a Thanksgiving wedding? The long weekend and grateful spirit gives an ideal situation to celebrate your big day. However, a Thanksgiving wedding celebration can also cause some difficulties. If you are considering a Thanksgiving (or any holiday) wedding, it is important to weigh the pros and cons.
Pros of a Thanksgiving Wedding
One of the obvious pros of a Thanksgiving wedding is the ease of travel. Often, your wedding guests will already have the time off work, and be more willing to travel out of town. This may mean more of your loved ones will be by your side for your wedding day.
Thanksgiving makes for a beautiful theme! A rustic fall theme fits perfect with the season. Burlap details and fall flowers add unique details that fit with the season. Add leaves or pumpkins to your centerpieces to truly embrace the season. You can also infuse the Thanksgiving theme into your food choices.
Cons of a Thanksgiving Wedding
Some families have long-held traditions that they may not be willing to give up. If they have a Thanksgiving Day dinner with their extended family or go to the football game with their friends every year, they may not be happy that your wedding date is interfering with their own memories. This could potentially result in resentment, or missing some loved ones on your wedding day.
Any holiday wedding can also create difficulty when choosing your vendors. Some of your favorite vendors, like family-owned businesses, may not be open on the holiday. Choosing a Thanksgiving wedding may limit your options for vendors including florists, bakery, and even your venue. Some vendors that are available may charge a premium price for a holiday event.
Thankfully, Mike Staff Productions is available on holiday dates and we do not charge additional fees for holiday events. We also give you the opportunity to bundle services to save you time and money. Bundling means that you cross three services off your list with just one meeting!
Spotify Playlist: A Time to Give Thanks
Our awesome Mike Staff Productions DJs put together a playlist for all of your Thanksgiving celebrations. With grateful hearts, all of us here at Mike Staff Productions are wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving this week!
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving – George Winston
- I’ve Got Plenty To Be Thankful For – Bing Crosby
- My Sweet Potato – Booker T. & the M.G.’s
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Happy Together – The Turtles
- I’m So Glad – The Stooges
- Better Place – Rachel Platten
- With A Little Help From My Friends – Joe Cocker
- You Are The Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Sweet Potato Pie – Ray Charles, James Taylor
- Thankful – Kelly Clarkson
- Home – Michael Buble
- Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
- Autumn in New York – Harry Connick, Jr.
- (Do The) Mashed Potatoes – James Brown
- Vegetables – The Beach Boys
- The Thanksgiving Song – Adam Sandler
- Country Pie – Bob Dylan
- We’re Going To Be Friends – The White Stripes
- Ode To My Family – The Cranberries
- Hot Potatoes – The Kinks
- Thank You Girl – The Beatles
- Thanksgiving Day – Guy Davis
- American Pie – Don McLean
- Santa Stole Thanksgiving – Jimmy Buffett
- Thank You – Led Zeppelin