You’ve Booked Your Engagement Session… Now What?
How To Prepare For Your Engagement Session
Preparing For Your Engagement Session
Besides being an opportunity to get some great photos of you two, an engagement session lets you practice loosening up so you can be yourself around your wedding photographer. This is a great opportunity to share your creative vision, practice some fun poses, and get ready for close-ups on your big day!
Best of all, an engagement session is an expression of your personality. Choose a location that tells something about the two of you. First dates, proposals, favorite hang outs, all of these can make great spots for the engagement shoot.
- Contact Mike Staff Productions when you are ready to schedule your session.
- Engagement sessions are generally done during week-day afternoons or evenings.
- Your engagement session will be one hour long.
- Select one or two locations.
- Plan for two outfits: casual and formal options.
- Props are encouraged, but not required.
- Relax, this will be fun! The best images come from having a good time.
What To Wear
- Choose simple patterns or solid colors that complement each other.
- Medium to dark shades create a timeless look.
- Soft shades enhance lighter backgrounds.
- Long-sleeved shirts are best since short sleeves can be distracting and sleeveless tops can look too casual.
- If you want to wear a sleeveless shirt, bring a sweater or jacket for some of the images.
- Select small accessories that do not detract, such as simple earrings, pins and necklaces.
- Your shoes will show in some of your images, so it might be best to leave the old sneakers behind.
If your makeup artist for your wedding day offers a trial run of your wedding day look, consider doing so for your engagement session. If you’ll be doing your own makeup, you may want to amp it up a bit.
- Playing up your eyes is great for photos so going a little heavier with your shadow or using false eyelashes can be a great look.
- Glitter products and mineral wear makeup may reflect light in an unnatural way so you might want to use them minimally or not at all.
- Lip gloss is great until you’re outside on a windy day. Choose your lip wear carefully.
What to Expect After Your Engagement Session
2 Weeks After Your Session
You will receive an email link to your online digital proof gallery. You may share your link and password with family and friends if you like.
All proof images from your online gallery will be included on your flash drive. The files come with full personal copyrights for you to share, print and use the files as you wish. If your wedding photography package included additional engagement products or you choose to add them on before your engagement session, our design department will contact you with further information.
With Mike Staff Productions, getting incredible wedding photos is simple.
easy as one, two, three
Hop on a 10-minute call.
Start with a pressure-free, no-obligation conversation with us. We’ll chat about your wedding vision and let you decide if we’re a good fit.
Choose your photographer.
We’ll recommend several fully vetted photographers based on your style, personality and budget. Through their video portfolios, you’ll see how they approach their work, so you can hand-select your perfect match.