Wedding Planning in Under 6 Months
Checklist to help you tackle wedding planning in under 6 months.
As Soon As Possible
- When wedding planning in under 6 months, the first step is to sit down with both families to formulate a budget. Remember, parents who planned their wedding twenty or thirty years ago can be surprised by today’s costs. Expect to be flexible.
- Decide on a date that works for both families and your work schedules. Be aware of family birthdays, anniversaries or annual events that may cause a conflict.
- Begin visiting venues! If planning with little lead time, be flexible. Consider a weekday, brunch or Sunday wedding.
- Hire the photographer, caterer, videographer, officiant, and DJ. Companies with large talent pools will likely have better availability than single operators.
- Begin looking at wedding dresses. Ask about samples or what can be altered from off the rack. Special order dresses can take several months. Remember to allow time for fittings and adjustments.
- Bridal party attire should be ordered. If time is very limited, again ask about samples and off the rack options. You may need to flexible about color or style.
- Order your wedding cake, flowers and transportation for the wedding and reception.
Four to Six Months Before
- Reserve rehearsal dinner location.
- Establish bridal registries.
- Rent tuxedos.
- Order wedding invitations.
Two to Four Months Before
- Book your honeymoon and secure arrangements for wedding night accommodations.
- Schedule appointments for hair, makeup, facials, massages and spa treatments.
- Order reception favors.
- Begin dance lessons if you want a choreographed first dance.
Final Six Weeks
- Confirm all vendors.
- Finalize food and beverage choices with your caterer or reception site.
- Schedule a final dress fitting (tuxes for the gentlemen).
- Plan seating arrangements for your reception.
- Establish a timeline for the wedding day.
- Select songs for your ceremony and special dances
- Schedule a consultation for your hair and makeup. Many brides do a “dress rehearsal” to make sure they like the look.
Photography + DJ + Videography + over $1,500 in extras = $5,285
Imagine booking your photographer, videographer, and DJ with one phone call.
When you bundle services with Mike Staff Productions, our team coordinates with one another, so you don't have to.
With The Perfect Package, you'll enjoy substantial discounts and bonuses. Can you imagine coming in under budget?