Wedding Thank You Cards
Everything you need to know about sending your wedding thank you cards.
Who Do I Have To Send A Wedding Thank You Card?
Wedding etiquette states that you should send each guest a handwritten note of thanks. Your note should specify the gift, give thanks and share how you intend to use the item. If the gift was money, you do not have to specify the dollar amount, but again, you should indicate how you will spend the money – and not on paying for post-wedding bills. The giver has presented you the gift of money for your life moving forward so the purpose of setting up your new home, downpayment on car or house, purchase of a BBQ, etc. would be more appropriate.
When Should I Send My Wedding Thank You Cards?
In general, guests will expect your thank you to arrive within two months of the wedding date. While it is usually signed by the couple, the thank you card may be written by the bride or groom.
How Should I Send My Thank You Card?
You may choose to do so in a thank you card, on a postcard featuring a wedding photo, or in a letter. Regardless of the format you choose, you should include a handwritten message with each.
What Should I Write In My Wedding Thank You Cards?
Your thank you note should include the name of the giver, the gift and how it will be used and your genuine thanks. You may also make mention of your appreciation of their extra help, long travel or any other special things the giver did for your wedding day.
If you are at a loss for words, the following wedding thank you sample wordings may be just what you need to get you started.
- We sincerely thank you for your love and support. We couldn’t be more blessed having friends and family like you in our lives and sharing in this beautiful time in our lives.
- We would like to thank you for celebrating our joy and sharing our love. You will always be part of our fairy tale. Your generosity and kindness are sincerely appreciated. Dreams do come true.
- “Gratitude – like love – lives and grows in our hearts.” Thank you for being part of our wedding day!
- Our wedding day was special because we were blessed surrounded by the people we love. Your thoughtfulness and support are truly appreciated. Thank you for sharing in the start of our new life together.
- Our wedding would not have been complete, without the support and love of our family and friends. We sincerely thank you for celebrating our love, sharing our joy and for being a part of our lives!
Thank you to close relative or friend
Dearest Aunt Jane,
Thank you for the beautiful crystal candleholders.
Mike and I are looking forward to having them on our dinner table.
We hope that you and Uncle Joe will join us for a meal once we are settled into our new home.
It was such a pleasure to share our wedding day with you.
Thank you for cash
Dear Uncle Kyle,
I want to thank you for your generous wedding gift. We plan on using it towards a deck for our new home. When it’s complete, we hope you can join us for a barbeque. It was fantastic to see you at the wedding, and Becky and I hope to see you soon.
Thank you to an acquaintance
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Brown,
Thank you for the monogrammed towel set.
They are the perfect color to complement our new home.
It was wonderful to meet you at our reception, and we are glad that you were able to join us and our families.
We look forward to getting to know you better.
Jared and Becky
Thank you for gift without attendance
Thank you so much for the beautiful picture frame. It will be perfect for our wedding photo. I’m sorry you were unable to
attend the wedding as you were greatly missed. We hope to see you soon and share pictures from our wedding day.
The Mike Staff Productions Guarantee
At Mike Staff Productions, we trust that you’ll choose the perfect person to work with because you know what you want on your wedding day! There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all wedding photographer – we get that, that’s why we invite you to be a part of the process during your appointment.
Choose Your Wedding Photographers
- Watch video profiles of our award-winning Photographers in action.
- Get familiar with their style, artistry, and personality
- View examples of their work