Our Real Detroit Wedding: November 4, 2017
- Ceremony: Old Saint Mary’s Catholic Church
- Reception: Rattlesnake Club
- Photo Booth: Shutterbooth (Another vendor all 3 sisters used at their weddings!)
As the third girl in my family to be married, we used many of the same vendors that my sisters had at their weddings. We joke that these vendors our part of the family now, after 3 years of weddings in a row. Three of our favorites are:
- Bakery: Royal Oak Holiday Market
- “Leanne was able to capture our vision of cakes on each guest table. The cakes served as both a center piece and delicious dessert. We received so many compliments on the cakes flavor!”
- Florist: Della’s Maple Lane Florist
- “It can be very hard to envision what your wedding day will look like and how your flowers and colors will align, but Brian was able to turn my pages of notes, pictures, and ever changing mind; into the most beautiful and personalized bouquets and corsages.”
- Mike Staff Productions: Wedding DJ, Photography, Videography
- “I would 100% recommend Mike Staff’s wedding services. If booking Mike Staff Productions services three weddings in a row is not enough of a recommendation, I don’t know what is. Professionalism is an understatement. With all the months of details, tastings, fittings and excitement that goes into planning a wedding; Mike Staff’s team of professional DJ’s, photographers and videographers helped make the most important day in our lives a reality. We cannot thank them enough!”
Our Love Story
“Mike and I have been together for over 9 years. We met in high school during track season and continued to date throughout college and graduate school. Mike proposed during a Labor Day weekend getaway in Northern Michigan. We were hiking on Sleeping Bear Dunes, and after stopping to take a picture of Lake Michigan, I turned around to find Mike on one knee. It was such a special moment for us both after all these years of dating.”
Our Wedding Video Captured Our Feelings
“Getting a wedding video was very important to Mike and I because as everyone claims, “the day goes by so fast!” I was so impressed with how quickly Rocky, and the Mike Staff Productions team sent us our video edits and highlights. We were able to relive our special day and see all of our guests’ enjoyment. We absolutely love the special video message of me reading Mike’s letter before our wedding. We also love that we have all of the special speeches documented for us to enjoy for years to come. I am looking forward to enjoying this video in the future with our family and friends. A picture says a thousand words, but the wedding video captures our exact feelings at that moment!“
Mike Staff Productions ‘Family’ Photographer
“This was Craig’s third time photographing my families weddings, he had previously worked each one of my sisters weddings! We call Craig our “family photographer.” Craig captured our Detroit vision and theme throughout the whole entire day.
I was so glad we decided to have two professional photographers at our wedding.We love all of our photos! Our photography team captured every moment that I requested and dreamed of. Tracy, our second professional photographer, was able to capture Mike and his groomsmen getting ready for the day, while Craig was with the girls. Having two photographers also helped capture every piece of our day. While one photographer was focused on taking pictures of our vows, the other was capturing the reaction of our guests. “
“Another photography moment that I will never forge was after our wedding mass at Old St. Mary’s, the skies opened-up and it began to down pour! I was really hoping to get photographs of Mike and me in front of the historic Michigan Central Station and the Detroit riverfront. But it wasn’t in the cards. Craig had made sure we were prepared before hand by suggesting we come up with a ‘sunny day’ and ‘rainy day’ plan for our wedding pictures.
Mike, an amateur whisky connoisseur, chose Two James’ Distillery in Corktown for wedding photographs, while I chose the Detroit Public Library. I am so happy that it decided to rain for the two hours between the wedding and reception. Two James’ allowed our wedding party to take fun shots in the distilling warehouse. While our romantic shots were taken at the Detroit Public Library, these are the most breathtaking photographs. We will never forget this special time with our wedding party and intimate time with each other.”
How Our Wedding DJ Stood Out
Wes, our incredibly gifted DJ, played an amazing combination of music that had all of our guests on their feet. Abba’s “Dancing Queen,” one of my favorites, struck a note with many of our guests, young and old. We were all dancing and singing along the whole night away.
Wes simply stood out to all of our guests and left a lasting impression. He was prepared for anything and everything. Wes got to know our guests by mingling during cocktail hour. Many guests were able to speak to Wes so he could get a good vibe of our crowd and their entertainment style. Wes also helped direct our guests during the reception through letting individuals know to check out the photo booth and to snag a midnight snack of Detroit style Coney dogs. Also, each guest table had their own individual cake as the center piece. After Mike and I cut into our cake, Wes instructed our guests to “slice and savor” into the cakes on their tables.
Our first dance was to “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran. Listening to the lyrics, Mike and I felt like this song was meant for us and our love story.”
Don’t trust your wedding to anyone else. Mike Staff Productions would be honored to bring your vision to life. Let’s get started!